How to fill the form?
- Your email: we will send you an email with a link to your plant's page. You will have to visit this page to activate your donation.
- Plant name: if possible, enter the name of the plant followed by the variety. For instance: Heuchere Caramel. Use the common or the latin name (or both), depending on your knowledge and wishes.
- Location: enter an address (as precise as possible) where you place your item. If it is not recognized as precise coordinates, you will be able to manually place a marker on a map.
- Sunlight requirements: check all the conditions that apply. In order: spring sun, sun, partial shade, shade.
- Release mode: check "public" if passersby will be able to catch the plant from a public space and take it home with them. "Semi-private" means that the plant is on your property and only members of the PlantCatching community who have read your instructions will be able to catch the plant. Click on "private" if users must contact you directly to make arrangements to catch the plant by knocking on your door!
- Comments: 300 characters max. Mention any important information others should know about the plant (soil preferences, plant care tips), why you released it, etc. You should also provide relevant details about the plant's location that will help others locate it (e.g. it's under my deck or on the bench by the fence) when you use the semi-private or public release mode.
Questions? Take a look at our FAQ.